Sunday, January 18, 2009

Meal Plan Monday

Last weeks meal plan went so great surviving our week without meat! We were however one musical family after 5 days of beans, lentils and vegetables on the menu! hehe...

We started the week off with a delicious new BBQ lentil recipe I found over at $5 dinners. The next day I wanted to use up some left over baked beans I had in the fridge so I decided to make some MEGA bean chili.

This chili was packed full of beans. I had leftover baked beans in it, the left over lentils and 2 cans of beans. I served it up with some yummy corn bread.

I will be posting about two successful new recipes that I made this past week. One was pizza pockets and the other was crock pot falafels.

We broke our no meat fast on Saturday when hubby cooked up some honey garlic sausages, mashed potatoes and a nice spinach salad. We were suppose to have ribs but I didn't have any honey so we will have to try that recipe another time.

Whats cookin this week

Monday: Pork fajita with spinach salad

Tuesday: Thai Turkey Stir fry over rice

Wednesday: Leftovers

Thursday: Pancakes

Friday: Pizza

Saturday: Spaghetti and garlic toast

Sunday: Soup in the crock pot

for lots more meal plans check out Organizing Junkie

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

We love meat in our house, but have to cut down on it with the economy being so bad and groceries going sky high. Si we have a lot of meatless this week. I see a lot of beans and potatoes in our future.

n*stitches said...

Looks like a great meal! We love meat round here too!

Micah and Katie said...

Looking forward to spagetsi on Saturday!!! Hubby

Anonymous said...

Great menu! I didn't stick to mine as much as I had hoped this week. :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...