Wednesday, January 21, 2009

yummy muffins


I really love this recipe and thought that I would share it. I did originally get it from another blog and please forgive me for forgetting which one it was, if it was yours send me the link and I will for sure link it up!



Chocolate chip muffins


Ingredients

1 3/4 cups white flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup buttermilk (used 1 cup skim milk with 1tsp vinegar)
1/4 cup apple sauce
1/4 cup oil
1 egg
1 cup chocolate chips (you could use a little less...some where VERY chocolaty).

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix all the ingredients together, except for chocolate chips. After it’s mixed, stir in the chocolate chips. Fill greased muffin tin (or use your silicon baking liners) and bake for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. These muffins can also be frozen and reheated in the microwave or oven.

Makes 12 muffins

Here is my nice clean muffin tin; because of my wonderful silicon baking liners. If you haven't started using them head over to my previous post(link above) and find out for yourself why you should RUN out and get some. This $3 purchased has given our family fresh baked muffins at least once a week.

3 comments:

The Pennington Point said...

This recipe look delicious. We are big muffin eaters here...at least twice a week. What I am wondering is how do you clean the silicone liners? I assume they are easy to clean since you love them so much. I will definitely go buy them on your recommendation, but I wondered about that. Thanks for the recipe! Lisa~

Lynn said...

Mmmm mmmmm, how can you go wrong with chocolate muffins? These look delicious. Thanks for sharing.

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

These look wonderful! Come by may Tasty Tuesday party with these anytime! Thanks for sharing! When I was a teenager I used to buy something like these a few times a week! :-)
-Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...