Tuesday, March 3, 2009

BBQ chicken in the crock pot

Last week I cooked up this delicious BBQ chicken recipe that I just have to share with you readers. It was so simple and tasted so delicious. It was one of those recipes where you pop everything into the crock pot and let it cook for the day.



BBQ Chicken

Ingredients:

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups tomato ketchup
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon ground red hot pepper flakes, or to taste
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

Preparation:
Combine all ingredients for the sauce in the slow cooker. Add the chicken, try to coat it well with the sauce.

Cook on high 3-4 hours, or until chicken is fully cooked all the way through. Then shred or cut up the chicken, and replace it in the Barbecue sauce in the pot; mix it all up so all the pieces are coated. You can keep the slow cooker on low to keep the chicken warm for serving.
* Just to let you all know I followed the recipe. The only thing I added was some fried onions for the top of our sandwiches.

We enjoyed our BBQ chicken over some whole wheat hamburger buns that I picked up on sale. And whats a BBQ sandwich without spicy homemade fries. We always make our own home fries and one thing that I just love to coat them in is Montreal Steak Spice, which I found for way cheaper at the local bulk barn.

This meal got a 5 star rating and will be on our meal plan again! I think it will be great for the summer to because who doesn't LOVE using their crock pots in the summer to keep the house cooler!

For more kitchen tips check out Tammy's recipes.

3 comments:

minimalistmommy said...

Oh that looks good. I have to start using my crock pot more.

mub said...

This looks great, simple too!

Kirstin said...

Sounds yummy! I make our BBQ sauce the same way and there's nothing like it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...