Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bread Machine Bread



Everyone around here loves the taste of home made bread!! I really love it but I don't always enjoy the mess of kneading the dough and getting flour all over the place. So instead of me doing it I cheat by placing all the ingredients into the bread maker and putting it on the dough cycle. When its done I punch it down and place it into the bread pan, let rise a little more then bake it. Fresh delicious home made bread.....yummy. So here is my favorite bread recipe that I use; it came from my brother in law.

1 1/4 Cup water/milk (I do about two parts water to one part milk)
1/3 cup oil
1 egg
2Tbsp sugar
3 cups flour (I do 2 white 1 whole wheat)
1 tsp salt
1 3/4 tsp yeast

Place in bread maker in order listed. Put on dough cycle. When finished
punch down and place into bread pan. Let rise and then bake in 350 oven
for 30 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when tapped.

4 comments:

Emily @ Gourmet Mommy said...

This is the recipe I use for our bread. I used to use my bread machine a lot but now that I have a KitchenAid I just use that. I agree with you about not having to knead though, I hate getting flour everywhere!
http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/breads/favorite-100-whole-wheat-bread/
I like to use a mixture of flours to get some different flavours and nutrients. Mostly whole wheat, but also some spelt, kamut and/or quinoa flour. We love it!

Micah and Katie said...

Two Thumbs up from husband! Micah

Mrs. Stam said...

now that looks yummy!

Intentional Living Homestead said...

I only use my bread machine. I too don't like all the mess on the cupboard. I have one recipe very similar to yours that I use for everything from pizza dough to cinnamon buns...it's fabulous. I also only use the dough cycle as I don't like the texture of it baked in the bread machine nor the hole in the bottom.

Thanks for sharing.

Connie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...