Thursday, May 17, 2012

Waffle cone dessert





For our mothers day get together this year we served up some delicious fruit filled waffle cones.  I was going to pre-fill them with fruit but Micah thought they would get soggy so we turned it into a dessert bar where everyone got to fill there own cone and top with their choice of toppings. 



We placed the cones in the center and then let the kids pick out whatever they wanted to put in them.


We had lots of different fruit to choose from oranges, mango, strawberry, pineapple, watermelon and blueberries.  







Once they were filled with fruit they were topped with whipping cream and either chocolate or caramel sauce!  This dessert will definitely be on our summer menu again.

3 comments:

Laura @ cookiecrumbsandsawdust.blogspot said...

Katie,

This is such a fun idea! I love waffle cones -I used to eat them plain as a kid. This is a great party spread idea!

I followed you over from the Sundae Scoop linky party. I would love if you stopped by my blog.

Thanks for sharing,
Laura

joy said...

I am very happy to visit your site and i did like it. I was able to get some informative topics. keep it up and you can also visit my site for your reference. Thank you and have a good day.

n8fan.net

www.n8fan.net

sarah lee said...

I really enjoyed reading your article. I found this as an informative and interesting post, so i think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the effort you have made in writing this article.


edupdf.org

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...