Friday, June 1, 2012

Smoothie Popsicles



 

For the past few months are family has been loving smoothies.  We love all kinds of combinations of fruit, mixed with yogurt.  And just recently a friend of mine told me to try adding water instead of OJ to let the flavor of the fruit come out more!  Yummy this was a great idea.  Also to our smoothies we have been adding some Chia seeds which nobody has really noticed cause they just think they are the seeds from the fruit.



Now with summer coming I have been doing a lot of looking around the internet and other blogs to find great summer popsicle recipes.  And while there are so many out there (here are a few that I have pinned) that I can't wait to try this summer I thought hey why not just freeze our smoothies into popsicle moulds.  So that is what we have been doing. 

So here is one of our creations that I will share with you


Mixed frozen berries of black berries, Cherry and pomegranate seeds (found at Costco)
Water (enough to get the blender going)
Vanilla Greek yogurt
Chia Seed
A splash of real vanilla
1 tsp honey

Blend until smoothie and pour into moulds.  Just look at that deep rich color.  You know its so full of antioxidants and goodness I don't feel bad if the kids eat more then 1 a day!!!  

Do you have any favorite recipes you care to share?




1 comment:

Humble Bee said...

Looks delicious! I really need to make the move from OJ to water. Where do I find the Chia seeds. I've seen recipes with it but don't have the time to run around different stores looking for them.
~Becki

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...