All I can say is YUMMY!!!! This is a new favorite fall treat in our house and the recipe came from a craving of mine. I can't believe I didn't really think about making these before but maybe since I have found this AWESOME pumpkin cream cheese recipe over at Barns and Noodles I knew what it could be paired with to make the ultimate whoopie pie.
First I started with my favorite ginger snap recipe
3/4 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup molasses
2 cups flour
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
1. Cream together margarine and sugar in a medium bowl. Beat in egg and molasses.
2. Combine dry ingredients together in small bowl (flour, ginger, cinnamon, soda and salt)
3. Add dry ingredients to wt and mix throughly its good to use your hands.
4. Roll into 1 " balls and roll in sugar.
5. Place on cookie sheet and gently press down with hands.
6. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
Next I used this recipe to make the pumpkin cream cheese
8 ounces cream cheese
½ cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 tablespoons brown sugar
Beat the cream cheese until softened. Then, add the remaining ingredients and beat until well combined. Refrigerate covered until chilled (about 1 hour)
Once the cookies are cooled and the cream cheese has chilled I spread a thick layer of pumpkin cream cheese onto a ginger snap cookie and then topped with another cookie. They are best served right away but if you happen to have any left over you can keep them in an air tight container in the fridge.
These are prefect paired with a delicious cinnamon coffee and of course your favorite girl friends!