Friday, November 2, 2012

Go fish sight words




Go fish is one of our favorite Friday school activities to do.  You see for our sight words I have been doing 5 sight words each week.  We do different activities to learn the sight words throughout the week.  On Friday's we always do a little test but before we sit down to do our test we go fishing for the words we have been learning. 



I start by putting the letters that we need for our fish in the "water".  Then using his rods which is a dowel with a string attached and a paper clip on the end he goes fishing for the word he is looking for.


I place the fish on the cookie sheet and he looks at each one to see what letters he needs to make that word.  This fish is the word he.




Once he is done spelling the words we clean off the cookie sheet and sit down to do a writing test of the words.  Not all my fish fit on one cookie sheet that is why you don't see the word he on the cookie sheet below! hehe


As soon as I get some new cookie sheets (for baking) I am going to be painting this one to make it pretty.

What are some fun ways you learn sight words?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...