Thursday, October 4, 2007

Welcome


Welcome to Kate's Kitchen. I have been wanting to add an additional blog that is just my own to our blog for quite a long time...however life just got busy and I never found the time; until this beautiful fall day.

One of my greatest passions, besides loving and serving Jesus, is nutrition. I have been interested in it for a long time. That's probably why after high school I headed off to St. Francis Xavier University to take their BSc in Human Nutrition. Four years later I graduated from there and just recently have completed a Dietetic Internship program which enables me to become a Registered Dietitian of Canada.

I love teaching people about nutrition topics and I love learning about nutrition myself. I also love being in the kitchen "cookin" up new recipes or putting a twist on old family favorites. That is why I have created this blog, to share with others nutrition information and lots of yummy recipes.

Being frugal in the kitchen is something that makes me tick. I love getting good deals at the grocery stores and farmers market. I will also be posting lots of money saving ideas and recipes that I have learned over the past two years and that I continue to learn.

I hope this blog brings joy into your kitchens and around your kitchen tables.

1 comment:

Laura Brennan said...

Katie - this is a fabulous idea and the posts are so good! I look forward to reading more. I'm also going to send it to a classmate of mine who is doing a project on the art of blogging and nutrition - she will love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...