Friday, December 12, 2008

Creamy Hot Chocolate

Good morning readers. I thought with the cold weather and snow on the ground (or should I say freezing rain) I thought I would share this homemade hot chocolate recipe. I found it last year and after a fun afternoon of sliding this hit the spot.




Creamy Hot Chocolate

1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/8 tsp salt
7 cups water
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Combine the first 3 ingredients into a large pot. Cook on medium heat and gradually add water. cook until heated through; stir in vanilla.

Serve in nice mug and top with whipping cream and shaved chocolate. Or to make it more of a festive Christmas drink stick a mini candy cane over the side of the mug for a mint chocolate taste.

We will be enjoying this treat this weekend while we are decorating our tree and finishing up our Christmas baking!!

1 comment:

Shynea @ Penny Pinching Diva said...

I have never heard about making hot chocolate like this. It sounds so delicious. I have the ingredients to make this now. I think I will do it this evening for my sons. Thank you for the recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...