Friday, May 1, 2009

Free Stuff!!!

Oh this is going to be a great week. You see starting this Monday is spring clean up for us here. That means for the whole week you can put whatever you want to outside on the curb for the garbage trucks to take away. Many people put their stuff out early which means there are lots of cars, vans, and trucks circling the streets looking for treasure...Cause you all know the saying one mans trash is another mans treasure!!

So with that said let me show you two things we have picked up already (did I mention for FREE). The first one is a great night stand that I just love. I only just picked it up so nothing much is stored in it right now expect for my house binder.


And the next thing we just picked up tonight! I saw a big sign that said FREE on something that looked like a dresser on my way home tonight. I ran in to tell hubby to run up the street (only 3 houses) to take a look at it. With in minutes I saw him dashing by the window running towards the house with a wheel barrow. I wish I would have taken a picture of him and our neighbor hauling this thing down the street!

We did have to do some rearranging in the living room to get it to fit but it will work for the summer! I can't wait to see what other treasures we pick up! Good thing mom is coming up for the week and bringing the truck!

For more frugal ideas check out Life as Mom

6 comments:

Hoosier Homemade said...

Wow, those are some great finds!
Thanks for sharing!
~Liz

Mom2fur said...

Oh, my gosh, what treasures! The nighstand is adorable, but that hutch is amazing!

Geniève said...

Oh my goodness Katie! That's great! lol

Buffie said...

That hutch is amazing. I can't believe you lucked out and found it free.

Frugal Sara said...

I can't believe someone was throwing that hutch away for FREE! That is just awesome. Great job outta you for being the first to snag it up!

Melonie said...

Great finds! That hutch is amazing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...