Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sweet Cinnamon Biscuits



I have been craving cinnamon buns since last week when I bought some Betty Crocker cream cheese icing; on sale for a buck of course. This morning was a prefect day to make cinnamon buns for some lovely ladies I had coming over to do some crafts with.

I really love this recipe. Its more of a biscuit then a bread; but the recipe is so quick and simple you just can't go wrong.

Sweet Cinnamon Biscuits

2 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 vegetable oil
3/4 cup buttermilk

Melted butter (1/4 cup)
3/4 cup sugar (always mix brown and white)
1 tsp cinnamon

1. Combine flour, baking powder, salt and soda. Mix well. Stir in vegetable oil and add butter milk. Stir until just combined.
2. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll into a 15*8 rectangle.
3 Heat oven to 400 and grease 9 inch round pan (I usually do two pans and do them a little smaller)
4. Spread melted butter over dough and combine sugar with cinnamon. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over dough and roll up jelly style.
5 Cut into 1 1/2 inch slices. Arrange on pie plate. Bake until brown 15-20 minutes.

I put together this video to help with the cutter process. It makes making cinnamon buns a whole lot easier.



Serve warm with cream cheese frosting and a hot cup of coffee...

2 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

yum yum yum!!!!

Ps I have a cookbook giveaway on my blog today, you might be interested in entering :-)

Emily @ Gourmet Mommy said...

Thanks for this recipe Katie - I made these for a breakfast treat yesterday! I usually make a cinnamon bun with yeast but these were so quick to whip up. They were good with whole wheat and spelt flour, too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...