Monday, September 29, 2008

Meal Plan Monday

Last weeks menu went great. Hubby is getting involved in the process adding one of his favorite meals each week. It really helps to have him involved...it kind of lightens the blow when I try some crazy recipe out!

The recipe he choice for this past week was chicken and peaches. A recipe that I had never made before.


This recipe was pretty simple. You can use whatever kind of chicken you would like. I used the chicken legs. First mix together flour, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, basil, oregano, salt and pepper (you can add whatever spices you like). Take the chicken and dip it into evaporated milk then dip in flour mixture. Well you are dipping and coating the chicken. Have oven preheating to 350. In the oven place your dish which you will put the chicken into (you want to make sure that it all lays flat in one layer) and add about 1/2 cup of margarine. When you finish coating the chicken bake it for 20 minutes on one side, flip and bake for another 20 minutes. After the 40 minutes drain off all grease and add peaches (you don't want to add the juice because you want the chicken to be crispy.) Bake for another 20 minutes in 400 oven.



I served this delicious chicken with long grain rice and a nice salad. One thing I love to do with salad is I wash a lot of lettuce at once. Then I use things that don't go bad in a salad if we don't eat the whole thing. Stuff like peppers and carrots. The salad bowl goes in the center of the table and all around it are all my lovely reused glass jars that have salad toppings in them. Things like raisins, craisins, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, soy nuts and of course dressings. Other things I like to put out are shredded cheese and tomato slices. This is a great "salad bar" for our family and if we don't eat the salad then it can go in the fridge and be used for lunches or the next nights supper.


Meals for this week

Monday: Hashbrown casserole and ham steak (carry over from last week)

Tuesday: Pork stir fry over rice (carry over)

Wednesday: Sweet Potato burritos

Thursday: Hamburger meat pie, mashed potatoes and corn (Hubby's pick)

Friday: Pizza

Saturday: Black bean tortilla bake

Hamburger Meat Pie

Hamburger
Garlic
Onions
* Fry all together and drain grease

Add BBQ sauce and place into pie plate
Top with cheese slices, shredded cheese or cheese whiz
Top with Pillsbury Crescent Rolls

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes

For more yummy meal ideas check out Organize Junkie

3 comments:

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

Sounds like a delicious week! I will defintely check out some of your links. I've tried the sweet potato burritos before, they were a hit at my house, and we made extra and froze them for lunches the following week. If you're interested in the small substitutions I made, you can check out my MPM from two weeks ago.

Have a great week!
Steph

Micah and Katie said...

Hey bbe, you should start adding some of these pictures to your recipes in google docs!

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

Sorry I wasn't more specificm, when I looked back I can see why you didn't spot it! check here: http://problemsolvinmom.blogspot.com/2008/09/menu-plan-monday-ike-style.html
and there are details in the text reviewing the previous week.

Take care,
Steph

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...