Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Peach Jam

I have really been enjoying making my own jams this season. Already I have made strawberry, peach and blueberry jam. I do have to admit (although I haven't tried the blueberry yet) that the peach has been my favorite so far. The peaches this season have been deliciously sweet and they are also very nutritious. The contain essential vitamins and minerals such as Vitamin A,B, C, copper, magnesium, potassium and zinc.

The process for making jam is very simple. Here is a picture of my mixture just getting ready to boil hard for 1 minute.

And here is the finished product. I really love the color of the peach jam. This batch turned out a little darker then the last batch but I am sure it is still delicious.


I have heard that pear jam is very good. So now that they are coming into season I think I may try to make some. Let me know of your jam making skills and what types of berries and combination you use.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey girl. Do you keep your skins on? I can't tell but it looks like you do. I would imagine the skins are healthy. I normally take mine off but I can sliced peaches as well as jam. You know I tried peach raspberry this summer and it was the best. Normally I don't care for raspberry because of the high amt of sugar needed to make it bearable but the peach naturally sweetens it enough to leave a little tang.

http://www.organizingconnection.com/Blog.aspx

Mrs. Stam said...

Mmmmm peach!!!!

HDMac said...

That looks so good!

Laura Brennan said...

Hey Kate - what do you use for a peach jam recipe. I've made 2 different batches this summer and they both turned out good, but I'm looking for something a little more exciting. Have you found any neat flavour combinations?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...