Monday, September 1, 2008

Monday Meal Plan


We made it back from camping and wow did we have a great time. We were a little bit worried because the weather forecast was not looking great for this long weekend. But as a family we prayed real hard and stepped out in faith! The LORD is good we only got a little sprinkle of rain the second night we were there that lasted maybe 15 minutes. Other than that we didn't get one drop...and the best part is the friends and family who came to the camp site on Sunday to see us had both left their homes (which were on either side of us (one house ~ 45 minutes and the other ~ 1 1/2 hours) drove through rain and had thundershowers that day before leaving. Thank you God for once again showing us that you are in control!

Thanks for all you ladies who commented last week and gave us some great ideas for a camping menu. Lets just say we didn't starve and probably could have stayed about 2 more weeks before all the food we brought would have been gone. This wonderful family I married into are high class campers (only when it comes to food...we sleep in tents). I will be posting about our meals and preparation later this week.

As for getting a menu together here is what we will be eating this week.

Monday: Holiday...return from camping

Tuesday: Pork roast, potatoes, squash and carrots

Wednesday: Away at pot luck bringing Curry Goulash

Thursday: ChickenTetrazzini Or Chicken and Squash Bake

Friday: Hubby away (left overs)

Saturday: Chili and Corn meal muffins

This corn meal recipe I got from a friend and find that it taste delicous. There are some varations written in it that she used and they still tasted great. I like to make this big batch and freeze them. The last time I made these they were crumbly but we just crumbled them into our chili.

Also this week I am going to try making bagels using the dough setting on the bread machine and these tips.

For more great recipes check out Organizing Junkie

5 comments:

Mandy said...

Just wanted you to know that my family tried the Chicken and squash bake with spinach last week, and it was amazing simple and delishious. I highly recommend it. I grilled the chicken on my George Foreman grill with some seasoning that we like (not big lemon pepper fans), and We LOVED it! You've got to try it.

Unknown said...

Glad you had a great time. You are so going to make fun of me...being so called frugal and all. We bought a 17 ft travel trailer last week. Yup camp once and know that will never work. Actually we got a really good deal on it and we know with two boys this is only the beginning of our camping days.

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Great menu! I'm making the chicken tetrazzini this week, too. LOL! :D

Humble Bee said...

I cannot wait to try the squash bake. We have been hit by the squash bug and are enjoying the fresh apples, squash and veggies. We should hook up soon and share some food.
xoxo

Humble Bee said...

I can't believe I said "squash bug" and published what I typed without previewing. I meant "fall bug."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...