Thursday, January 29, 2009

Baked Oatmeal

This morning we woke up to lots of snow on the ground. Without complaining hubby was up, dressed and out the door to snow blow the drive way. It helps that he is still in the honey moon faze with the snow blower and enjoys doing it. Since he was up and so was the baby I decided that he would need a delicious hot breakfast when he was done.




Friends of ours enjoy baked oatmeal at least once a week. I had never made it before but last time we were down at my parents house my mom tried the recipe. We all enjoyed it so that is what I whipped together this morning.

I followed a recipe I found at all recipes.

3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup  brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

1 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup melted butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, mix together oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Beat in milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla extract. Spread into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes.


The house smelled so delicious as this was cooking. We enjoy our oatmeal topped with yogurt, fruit and toasted nuts. 




3 comments:

minimalistmommy said...

This is one of my favourites. We make it when I have a large stash of leftover oats from regular soaked oatmeal. Usually this is on the weekend for supper. Did you use steel cut oats?

$5 Dinner Mom said...

Yum! I love baked oatmeal! It used to be a favorite before we started our new GF diet!

Erin

Unknown said...

I made this tonight, thanks for the recipe! It turned out beautifully with some added ingredients (raisins, coconut, sesame and pumpkin seeds)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...