Monday, January 5, 2009

Meal Plan Monday


Here is my first meal plan for the 2009 year! But first let me start off by telling you all what we did new years eve. My in laws were up and some good friends in town so we decided to have them over to our place for raclette pizza. Now I am sure some of you are like raclette...what is that. So if you jump over here you can find out all about the special cheese and the machine which is called a raclette machine. We have used our machine for this special type of cheese before but many times we use it to make individual pizzas. Its really fun to do especially when you have company.


Our machine can make 8 mini pizzas at once. So there is a big bowl of mini dough balls (made from my great homemade pizza dough recipe) in the middle of the table. Then there are lots of mini bowls filled with all kinds of pizza toppings. Here are some of the things that were on the table.

Turkey sausages (ground up and out of the casing)
Italian sausage (ground up and out of the casing)
Taco flavored ground beef
Turkey
Pizza meats (ham, pepperoni, salami)
Onions
Red, Green and Yellow Peppers
Pizza sauce
BBQ sauce
Shrimp
Taste of Thai land sauce (for the shrimp)

Also to go along with our pizza I whipped together some homemade garlic fingers. Using my pizza dough recipe I simply covered the dough in garlic butter and mozzarella cheese. Then to dip them I made up some YUMMY donair sauce. Since trying this recipe I can't eat pizza or garlic fingers without this on the menu!!



The recipe is

2/3 cup canned milk (evaporated, and cold, is best)
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup vinegar (I would cut this back next time)
1/2 tsp garlic powder

1. Stir canned milk, sugar and garlic together until sugar and garlic is dissolved.
2. Add vinegar and continue mixing. The quicker you add the vinegar and the less you mix, the thicker the sauce is.
3. Let sauce sit in the fridge for about an hour before using.
4. If the mixture separates, don't worry. There is no need to remix it, it will taste fine.
5. The sauce can be made in larger batches. Also it freezes well.


Now that the holidays are over its back to the everyday routine. I have some new recipes that I want to try out and I am going to be making a list of freezer meals. There were many times over the holidays that I wish I would have been able to pick something out of the freezer and pop into the oven. I am not going to spend my days bulk cooking and freezing but I do think that I will make some double batches of things when I do cook! I will let you know how it goes.

So for this week here's whats cookin in the kitchen!

Monday: Ham steak, mashed potatoes and squash

Tuesday: Turkey pot pie. I am going to be using this recipe for pile high veggie pot pie and add turkey.

Wednesday: Hubby's birthday party!! Mexican Pile UP, Here is a post from a couple years ago when we had a party for Micah on how to make his favorite birthday meal! OH if you haven't already you should check out hubby's early birthday gift!!!

Thursday: Sausage Marina over pasta

Friday: Leftovers - I may be away

Saturday: I have planned refried bean nachos but I may be on a little vacation visiting my bestest friend for her birthday!!!

Sunday: If I am back and if hubby goes with me then I will make the nachos for supper here


For more ideas check out Organizing Junkie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...