Sunday, February 3, 2013

Valentines Advent Book

As many of you readers know I LOVE LOVE and look forward to February all year long.  I love being able to learn about what LOVE is and I really enjoying being able to teach my children what it means to really love...the way that Jesus calles us to love people.  This year I wanted to do a Valentines day count down but  was searching for a way I would count down the 14 days.  I knew that I wanted to use scripture verses for every day just like we do for the Christmas season.   And one day as I was browsing pinterest I saw exactly what I was looking for.  It was a paper bag album.  I went through my craft stash and found some small candy paper bags and went to work. 




 
 To start I took 4 paper paper bags and layered them.  The first one was closed side on the left open on the right, the next was open on the left closed on the right...and so forth.  When all 4 were there I folded it in half and used embroidery floss to sew up the middle steam. 





Then I started with the verses about LOVE that I wanted to study together as a family.   The first one I wanted to start with was John 3:16 which states how much God really loves us. 



 Also I love how the word Valentine fits into it. 



I continued through the book writing out different scripture about love.   


I jazzed up the pages by using heart stamps I have. 










One thing I really love about making paper bag albums is the open end of the bag becomes an extra spot to put things into.  So in our book we have practical ways (mini activities) written in there so we can show our love to our friends, family, neighbors and strangers.  No use just learning God's word without being able to put it to practice. 




For the front and back of the book I used 2 different LOVE stamps and few little embellishments for the final touch. 



Here is a list of the 14 verses we are using this year. 
John 3:16
Mark 12:30-31
Matthew 5:46
Luke 6:35
Proverbs 17:9
Psalm 145:8
1 Corinthians 13:1
1 Corinthians 13:2
1 Corinthians 13:4
1 Corinthians 13:13
Deuteronomy 5:10
Romans 8:35
Romans 12:10
2 Corinthians 6:6

For lots more love day crafts head on over to i heart nap time for some inspiration! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...