Wednesday, September 5, 2012

BBQ green beans




 

 This year our garden produced so many beans!  Probably because that is all we planted in one of our garden plots :P  I am sure every time we went to the garden which is 1 or 2 times each week we could be collection buckets full.  We did freeze 10 bags of beans for the winter and still had lots to enjoy fresh.  Then one day a friend of mine told me they love their to BBQ them so we tried them and I am sure we eat them BBQ'd almost every week now.  

They are pretty easy to do.  I butter a piece of foil and then put the beans onto of it.  Add 1 clove of smashed garlic and a few drops of butter.  Then wrap it all up and BBQ for about 10-15 minutes.  


Here is just one meal we enjoyed them with this summer.  I wanted to take a picture of this meal because I was asked what kind of meals I served my family on such a low grocery budget.  Well here is one of our meals.  All of this was cooked on the BBQ to help keep the house cool.  Pork chops, potatoes and green beans served with a glass of milk.   


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...