Thursday, January 24, 2013

Baby subway art

This is a project that I am totally in love with how it turned out.  I first saw the idea on pinterest of course and knew that I needed to figure out how to do that.  So I started the project off by creating a blank picture in paint and saving it as a jpeg.  Then I went to one of my favorite photo editing places PicMonkey to do up the writing. 





 

I started with Eben's since he is the oldest.  I decided I wanted mine to say their name (since each one has a powerful meaning), date of birth, weight and height, time and place of birth.  I played around with the fonts I wanted to choose, colors and the sizes but once I was finished with his I used the same for the other two only using different colors to match their personalities.   I wish I could find the little piece of paper I used to write down which fonts I choose but I can't so you will have to get creative and make up your own...sorry. 





Once they were finished I sent them to Costco for printing.  I really love using Costco cause I can order online and pick up at my convenience and you can't beat the price. 

I really liked how they were framed and thought I would do the same until I was walking the dollar store and came across 8*10 canvas and thought I should just put them onto those so I picked up 3 canvas instead of the frames. 


During a nap time I gathered all my supplies and got to work.  



I wanted to have the outside of the canvas black so I painted the sides black along with some of the inside just incase the picture didn't fill the whole thing it would still have the frame looked feel. 





Once the paint dried I covered the whole canvas in Modge Podge and put the picture onto it and added another layer of Modge Podge. 



I love how each one turned out !!  The only problem I realized, just last week, was I have the wrong weight for Eben.  He weighed 7lb 13 oz not 8!!  Whoops.  It wouldn't be one of my project if there wasn't some sort of mistake with it! hehe





I wasn't sure where to put these but my AMAZING husband had a great idea and hung them up for me down in the kids section of the house.  I love how he alined them like this.   




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...