Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Bench Seat



I am SO excited to share with you this bench seat project.  I had no idea what I was doing but thanks to one crafty cousin I was able to pull it off.

Our living room  just recently went through a make over and we were looking to put a bench seat in this corner.  We went out looking for one and found on for 1/2 price.  We knew that it was a little longer then the corner but we thought we would just pick it up in case we didn't find anything else.  That night as we were going over all the projects we were going to do the next day to get the TV hung up I noticed on Instagram my cousin posted a picture of a seat she had done!  With in one hour I knew that I could do that to this old toy boy that my grand-dad made for me when I was a kid.  I went to the fabric store the next day and was able to make this bench and get a set of pillows for $55 :)




Because it was my first time doing anything like this I have NO pictures of the process but I will tell you it was really easy.  I started by removing the lid off the toy box.  Sprayed it with glue and stuck a 2 inch foam onto it.  I used a pair of scissors to cut the excess foam off.  Next I took this beautiful fabric and folded it around and stapled it on!!  Within 1 hour this project was complete and I could not be happier with how it turned it.

The best part is that its not only a pretty little reading corner but it also holds a beautiful train set that the kids can play with in the living room.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...