Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Guest Room


Welcome to our guest room!  I am so excited to finally share with you this beautiful space.  When we built our addition we knew we would need a guest room for all the wonderful people we love to host, including my parents :)   I love how Micah can visualize a space and make it functional for us as well as the guest that we welcome.    



The paint colour we (or should I say I) choose for the room in called Thunderbird and it is from Benjamin Moore.  Years ago I found this photo on pinterest. and knew I wanted these colours incorporated in my house.  So I knew this colour would match perfectly the Nimbus colour we painted in the addition.  




We purchased this Hemnes Day bed from Ikea.   When folded in it is a twin bed but pulls out to make a double bed.  Also the 3 large storage drawers under the bed are perfect to store games, puzzles and extra bedding.  I also purchased all these spare pillows from Ikea because you can not beat $1.99 pillows.  The cases and the comforter are from a local store called Celebrations.  The two big yellow pillow coverings are also from Ikea (this whole room is pretty much Ikea ;) 

The functional stand up closet is actually a Coat Rack from Ikea but it does the trick in this room.  We have spare towels folded on it, hangers for guest to use and the top acts as a lovely place for some storage space for us.  


Over the bed we added 2 of these wall shelves .  I saw this beautiful piece of art on pinterest and decided to create my own. 



Using picmonkey I created the design to say stay awhile.  I then printed it as an engineer print at staples and cut it to the size I wanted it for this frame that I purchased at the restore.   The frame got a fresh paint job with some of the left over Nimbus paint we had ;) 




I purchased this night stand at a local thrift shop for $8.00!  I came home and gave it a good sanding before painting it with Benjamin Moore Nimbus.   This Nimbus colour is what we painting our new addition and it goes really well with the Benjamin Moore Thunderbird colour that we painted the spare room in. 




I love the look of the old fashion type clock, although when people stay over I always find the batteries taken out!   Also on the night stand I created this print with our wi-fi password and framed it in a simple white frame I purchased at Walmart. 








Now lets talk about that beautiful yellow chair down in the corner!  I have been on the hunt to find a chair just like this and finally found one at...you guessed it.. Ikea!   I waited for a few months for it to go on sale so when it did I purchased it right away to finally finish this room.  




This picture is at night so you can't tell but this room actually has a beautiful view of our lake.  So we put up this folding desk that looks right at the lake.   This is the perfect work space for Micah when he works from home and I tend to head to this room during the kids nap time to read in that beautiful chair or do work myself at that desk.   The shelves over the desk are the same as the ones over the bed.  The decorative boxes are so pretty and so functional for storing stuff in.   The two sided picture frames are excellent for putting my custom scripture art in. 



The last part of this room is the funky mirror that is across from the stand up closet.   Guest love having a place to themselves to do their hair, make up and to make sure they look on point.  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...