Tuesday, September 17, 2019

10 x 10 wardrobe Challenge



Last fall I took part in a 10 x 10 capsule wardrobe challenge that was hosted by my friend over at Simply Stylish.  The purpose of this challenge was to maximize the clothing that I already have and find new combinations of outfits with the articles of clothing I picked.     I loved many things about this challenge!  One was that I didn't have to stand in front of my closest every morning thinking "what should I wear today".  All my clothes where hung up in our spare room so I went in every morning, grabbed some pieces and wore GREAT outfits for those 10 days.  Doing the capsule also helped me to learn how to pack lighter for trips and it was helpful to see that we don't need a ton of clothing,  just a few pieces that we love to look and feel great. 

So what were the 10 pieces I chose?  I needed to choose clothing that fit over those 10 days.  We had thanksgiving in there so I like to be some what dressy, and we all know the aftermath of stuffing our faces off with too much food so I definitely need some leggings in their to be comfortable. 


So my capsule wardorb consisted of: 

1. High waisted mom jeans
2. Black leggings
3. Low-raise Jeans. 
4. Denim button up shirt
5. Long stripped and floral shirt
6. Sweater
7. Red flannel shirt
8. Floral sweater 
9. Basic layering sweater
10. Black t-shirt

All of these worked perfect for making outfits that I feel confident, comfortable, fashionable and friendly in.  They worked perfect for being out and about but also for accomplishing many of my domestic engineer task. 

So lets see those 10 days! 





Off to church today so I added my brown heal boots to this outfit to make it look a little more dressy. 




My basic hip mom outfit with my fall hat and fabric high tops. 


I was still nursing a baby at this time so I added my Costal Chew necklace to this basic sweater. 


Off to my women's small group.  These high brown boots are my everyday go to.  And I'm wearing another nursing necklace from Costal Chews. 



I love everything about this outfit!  High waisted jeans, basic black t-shirt, flannel shirt tied up in front and my short brown boats.  












Lets put 2 tops together.  I love the look of a long button up covered by a simple sweater.  For me it's important that when I wear leggings I want my front and my butt covered up (just a personal thing) so I love finding longer shirts that do that.  And I am usually always wearing a hat in the fall and winter. 


Chilling at home and getting stuff done outfit.  And the funny thing is my tween niece showed up and we were twinning!! 





More layering with my denim shirt and my house sweater.  I love to have a sweater that goes with most outfits so when I get chilly I can throw it on with whatever I am wearing.  My favourite boots and a neck warmer made by one of my besties. 


I love look of these outfit.  It makes me feel a little dressy when I pair it with my short boots and a big necklace. 







I am definitely going to do this challenge again with 10 new pieces.  But you know what else; I'm going to get these 10 pieces hung up in my spare room again and have 10 fall outfits to rock!  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...