Friday, January 24, 2020

Homemade Poptarts


These homemade pop-tarts are where easy to put together and made for a great after school/afternoon snack.   

I was originally making this Nutella tree so I did that first using this recipe and with the left over puff pastry I created these pop tarts.  

Cut the pastry into rectangles.   In the centre of the rectangle place 3-4 tbsp of your favourite jam onto them.  I had some left over raspberry filling from a birthday cake I was making so I used that.   Top the rectangle with an identically sized rectangle and seal the edges shut using a fork.   Brush with an egg wash and bake at 375 for 12 minutes or until golden brown. 










Once they have completely cooled you can make a nice glaze for them out of icing sugar and cream.  Drizzle the glaze over the pop tarts and you can add sprinkles to them if you wanted to as well. 


The make the perfect coffee break snack to. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...