Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Chocolate dipped brownies

Happy love day readers!!!  We finally made it to February 14th.   We have had too much fun already today its hard to sit down to write a blog for you all.  Yesterday the kids and I made little desserts for us to enjoy tonight after supper and we indulged last night in a few just to make sure they were good enough for love day.  Tonight we are dressing up in fancy clothes (lady J and I in dresses and the boys in their suite jackets) and we are setting up the kitchen like our own little restaurant.   Eben is into Sonic (the video game) right now so its called the Sonic restaurant.  For the menu Micah and I will enjoy some shrimp fettuccine Alfredo and Eben has requested jelly sandwich in the shape of a dinosaur; so I think I can do that for him. 

Anyways back to the brownies.  Sorry I only have the finished product.  I am so bad at taking pictures of the whole process. 



 Here is the recipe I used.  

1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup cocoa
4 (beaten) eggs
2/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips  (I used 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup Skor)

1. Pre heat oven to 350
2. Grease 9*13 pan
3. Melt butter in a medium sauce pan.  Turn off heat and stir in sugar and cocoa.  Add eggs, mix dry ingredients on top of mixture then stir in.  Add chocolate chips and pour into pan. 
4.  Bake for 30-35 minutes- until brownies begin to pull away from pan.  Cool completely before cutting. 

                                           
When they were cool I cut them into little cubes and stuck popsicle sticks into them.   They seemed too wiggly so I put them in the freeze for a little bit.  



While they were freezing I melted down some Make Your Own Bark Chocolate Coating (which is the best thing I have ever used) and then dipped the brownies into the chocolate and sprinkled with valentines sprinkles.  When the chocolate was hard I wrote on the popsicle sticks cute little sayings. 

                                         

Jaelyn loves sweet treats! 

Here they are all wrapped up for our special supper tonight.  Now I am off to decorate the kitchen into a restaurant.   Let me know what you guys are up to today! 



Pin It

For more awesome craft projects head on over here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...