Monday, February 6, 2012

Simple sugar cookies



Now what would LOVE month be if you didn't have any heart shaped cookies to give out?  One thing about having a love day is not just for all the pretty decorations and awesome treats we get to enjoy but for us it has been a great month to spend time talking with Eben about love.  How to love and what does to love God and our neighbours mean.   It has been a fun teaching month and part of that comes with these little goodies.  The are a basic sugar cookie that make a lot of cookies.  We frosted them up and now they are ready to give out to our neighbours to show them love.  


You can find the recipe for the sugar cookies here at All recipes.  Being a little bit of a health nut I did mix in some whole wheat flour to the dough.  Since it calls for 5 cups of flour I figured 2 of the them should be whole wheat!  So after dumping all the ingredients into my awesome kitchen aid mixer that I got for Christmas.  We let the dough chill in the fridge before we rolled it out and cut out heart shapes.  


Once baked and cooled we put this frosting on them. I used this recipe  but again cause I am not using corn syrup any more I looked up what I could substitute it with and if its light corn syrup you can use honey.  So that is what I did instead and it turned out great.  



Now all that is left to do is bag them up, bundle up the two cute kids and deliver them to the neighbours on our street. 

For more awesome LOVE ideas follow my pin board. 

2 comments:

K & T said...

Hey Katie, I'm just making these cookies now and the dough has been in the fridge for an hour but is still way to soft to roll out, any suggestions? Would leaving it in the fridge overnight help?

-Kathryn

Micah and Katie said...

Hey girl, you could leave it longer. Usually I have the problem of it being too hard which then I have to work the dough. Maybe if you kept it longer in the fridge and then don't work at it too much it will be ok.

Hope it works for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...