Monday, April 30, 2012

Smore Pizza



 

This was such a great yummy treat to take to a pot luck.  The recipe was so easy and it taste delicious.  I originally found the recipe on you guessed it Pinterest.    So here is the recipe I followed.

S'mores Pizza

for pizza dough
recipe from allrecipes
3 c. all-purpose flour
1 package active dry yeast
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp white sugar
1 c. warm water (110 degrees F)

for pizza toppings
1/2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tbsp sugar
4 graham crackers, crumbled
3 cups of marshmallows
15 fun sized Hershey's bars, broken into smaller pieces or Chocolate Chips

Preheat the oven to 375°F. 

Combine flour, salt, sugar and yeast in a large bowl. Mix in oil and water. Kneed dough with your hands and roll out half of the dough on a pizza stone or baking sheet. I only used half of the pizza dough so if you want to use the entire dough then double the amount of pizza toppings. 

Once the pizza dough is rolled out, brush melted butter on pizza dough and sprinkle pizza edges with sugar. Top pizza with graham cracker crumbs, chocolate pieces, marshmallows. Bake pizza for 20 minutes. Eat right out of the oven





Here is 1/2 the dough rolled out on my pizza stone, covered in butter and the edge sprinkled with course sugar.




Now to add the toppings.   I didn't use 3 cups of marshmellows I don't think but just enough to cover the crust.  I also didn't have any mini chocolate bars so I used chocolate chips instead.

I really think using 1/2 the dough is a great idea cause it wasn't too thick and fluffy.  It really made a nice thin crust.


What a great way to enjoy the Smore taste in the the spring.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...