Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pancakes


I love having breakfast type meals for supper and since waffles and pancakes happen to be Ebens favorites it makes for a very nice supper meal when they just keep eating and eating. 

So I thought I would share our favorite pancake recipe with you. I found the recipe over at The Finer things in life a couple of years ago and we have been using it ever since.  

Buttermilk Pancakes
  • 2 cup white flour
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1/4 cup oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 c. buttermilk (I use 2 Tbsp. vinegar mixed into 2 cup of milk)
Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl.  Whisk together oil, eggs and buttermilk in larger bowl.  Add dry ingredients to wet.  Mix together.  Fry on griddle.  Flip when bubbly.



One trick that I like to do is I mix all the dry ingredients up in a zip lock bag or mason jar.  Then when we want pancakes we just have to get the wets and mix them together.  Its like having your own ready to go mix all made up!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...