Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My morning Routine

Usually every morning after I put down the babe I love spending time in God's word. I read His love letter to me and journal thoughts, dreams, visions and prayers. I do this all of course with a hot cup of coffee in my hands. However this summer it has been very warm and muggy that I don't feel like drinking my hot java, so I have been making iced coffee.

Iced Coffee can be made a couple of ways. Here are two ways I like to do it.

Iced Coffee Shake (Like an ice cap)

Coffee ice cubes
Cold coffee or instant coffee
Hot chocolate powder (optional, but gives it a great mocha taste)
Milk or cream
Sugar
Whip cream for topping
Grated chocolate (if you want to get really fancy)

In a blender place 6-7 coffee ice cubes and crush. Then add a little bit of cold coffee, hot chocolate powder, milk/cream, and sugar. Blend quickly for 30 seconds. Pour into nice glass and top with whip cream and grated chocolate.

This drink is great because the coffee ice cubes give it the consistency of an ice cap.
To make coffee ice cubes all you do is take the left over coffee you didn't drink in the morning and freeze it in an ice cube tray. When frozen I simply take them out of the tray and place them into a Ziploc baggie.

Cold Iced Coffee

Cold coffee
Milk/cream
Sugar
Ice Cubes

Place cold coffee into a glass. Add milk/cream, ice cubes and a bit of sugar to taste. Then enjoy!
This recipe is great and requires less preparation and therefor less mess.

How do you get your caffeine fix on a hot day??

1 comment:

Geniève said...

Sounds (and looks) delicious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...