Monday, January 24, 2011

Chili

This was a very delicious meal that was used for a couple of days of left overs and is now stored away in lunch containers for Micah to take to work.

Here is the basics of what I did.

Fry up onion, garlic, peppers, and celery

In a crock pot put in some crushed tomatoes, water, bbq sauce, chili powder, taco seasoning, a little brown sugar and add your fried stuff. Then add a can of rinsed black beans, kidney beans (really any kind of beans you would like) . Also I cooked up 1 cup of green lentils according to the package and added them into the chili to give it some thickness.

Towards the end of cooking I added some frozen corn.

This was very yummy served with my favorite corn bread recipe

3 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

I love frozen corn in my chilli :-)

Melanie said...

I have not been following your blog this month, but just popped in to find your email address (mine is melanie_sykes at hotmail), and read through your posts from the past month. I am SO hungry right now!! Your recipes are amazing, I will be trying lots of them, I'm sure! :)

Kristen said...

You've got some great recipes for your veggie month - this sounds perfect on a cold night

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...