Friday, August 31, 2012

corn dogs





Sunday nights around here are fun type foods that we can eat while watching movies together.  One food I have always wanted to try and that they sale at the drive in is a corn dog so when I first saw this idea for corn dog muffins from Iowa girl eats I pinned it right away to my Movie/date night board.  Then I began to see a lot of other recipes out there for making corn dogs so I decided to go with this recipe from Gluesticks.  

Corn Bread Batter

1 cup milk
1/4 melted butter or margarine
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 c. cornmeal
1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt.

Mix ingredients until just incorporated.





When the batter is made up and you are waiting for the oil to heat up you can get your dogs ready.  I cut the hotdogs in half and put small skewer sticks in each dog.



When the oil was ready I patted each dog dry so the batter would stick.  Dipped the dogs and then placed in oil.  They turned out crispy and delicious and we all ate way too many dogs while watching our movie. 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...