Monday, September 16, 2013

Cereal Squares


This recipe was a very impromptu  creation after receiving a box of peanut butter cheerios from a friend.   The cereal was loosing its crispness so I decided to toast it in the oven.  This little trick has saved us from throwing out cereal so many times.  


After it was toasted I decided to use up some open bags of marshmallows, that were left over from our summer adventures, and make some cereal squares with them. 


I followed the basic rice crispy recipe by melting a little bit of butter in a pot along with the marshmallows.   When the mixture was nice and gooey I added in the cereal.  


Because I wasn't making a large batch I decide to put it into a pie plate.  



Once the squares had set I just took the parchment paper out of the dish and cut up the squares like a pie. 



The kids loved these little treats!  


So next time you have some "going" stale cereal be sure to toast it up and make something yummy from it. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...