Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Granola Bites


These are a simple and a delicious snack that our family really enjoys.  The thing I like about these types of granola treats is you can add whatever you want to them so that your family will love them. 

I usually follow the recipe from A Kitchen Addiction  to a tee cause they are very tasty but yesterday I didn't have any flax or oat bran so I had to substitute; here is what I did. 

1 1/2 cups of oats
1 cup of Rice Krispies
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 cup of local honey
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
2 packages of peanut M&M's

1.  In a bowl combine all your dry ingredients
2.  Mix in your peanut butter and honey
3.  Refrigerate for 15 minutes if the mixture is too sticky to form into balls. 
4.  Form into 1 inch balls 
5.  Store in the refrigerator or freezer


Let me know if you try any fun combinations!  And for more snack attack ideas check out my pinterest board. 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...