Wednesday, February 1, 2012

heart garland


Welcome February 1st.  The first day of LOVE month!!! 





 I love Valentines day cause I love all the colors, hearts, decorations and of course TREATS!!!  And this year Pinterest isn't helping my small love addiction since there are so many ideas on there.    I won't try them all because I don't really want to gain 20 lb in the next two weeks eating too many goodies but I will share with you decoration ideas, special meal ideas, lots of heart shaped ideas and of course a few treats to try.   So why not follow my LOVE month board and get creative with me. 

So lets start the month off with a heart garland to put up around the house.  This is a good activity for kids and since its a snow day today here in our neck of the woods it might be a good craft to keep the kids busy for an hour or so. 

First start off with some different colors of card stock paper.  If you don't have any colored card stock you could get the kids to paint white paper the colors you would and then cut that into strips. 




I cut some strips 1/2" and some 3/4".  Once you have a strip (I am so bad at not taking pictures of the whole process but if you want a better understand pop over here; where I originally found the idea) fold them in half and bend the two ends into the center to form a heart shape.  Using a stapler (and colored staples) staple the heart together. 


When all the hearts are made simply string a needle and thread, I used a pink colored embroiders floss, and thread through one half of the heart like this. 


Then hang!  I hung this in the corner of the kitchen.  It was so easy to make and didn't take much time at all so I think I will do a few more to put up around the house.


Hope you enjoy!  And let me know if you make this garland, I would love to see pictures of everyones creativity. 


Pin It

2 comments:

Geniève said...

These are so cute Katie!

Kelley @ TheGrantLife.com said...

Hi! Visiting from sundae scoop. This is super cute.. and it seems so simple. My two favorite things :)

If you get a chance I would love for you to share this at my Friday party going on now. Im going to poke around your site a little more :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...